Monday 6 January 2014

happy new year! - reflections & resolutions.

2013 was an amazing year for me. Like everyone, I had my ups and downs within both my personal life and my career, but overall I saw the year as a step in the right direction for me.


The year started with my dedication to finish uni, and I got my degree in Journalism. I sought out and was able to complete life-changing internships, experiencing different aspects of an industry I hope to pursue my career in. This then led to a job as a PR manager which allowed me to face the harsh reality of the industry...nothing comes easy. Through education and the experiences that I have been lucky enough to have, I now have the skills and practice to be able to go in a lot of directions.
Through my blog and other online outlets, my freelance career has developed and progressed greatly. I have had the opportunity to work with amazing people and awesome brands, both in beauty and in fashion. I love every second of what I do.
I have been surrounded by the most supportive people. Old and new friends as well as my family have constantly been with me through all of the good and the bad, and for that, I am so grateful.

2014 came around so incredibly quickly, and honestly, I haven't got these major plans or changes that I want to make in my life. On New Year's Day I tweeted 'no regrets. constant creativity. complete freedom.', and those are my resolutions. I hope to regret nothing, continue to explore my creativity and create amazing content, and be completely free in everything that I do. All of these will hopefully lead on to great things.

I want to thank every individual that finds themselves on my little space on the internet. Your views, comments and just general presence has changed my life in the greatest way, and I appreciate all of you.

happy new year, jayj x.

follow me on bloglovin' & twitter for updates!


No comments :

Post a Comment