Monday 6 August 2012

july glossybox.


I know it’s a bit late as I got the box in the mail a couple of weeks ago now, but I thought I would share my opinions on last month’s glossybox and give you a mini review of the products that I really liked. Also, I like to try out the products for a little while first so that my opinions are a true reflection.


awapuhi wild ginger texturizing sea spray/ MONU calming cream/ Collin resultime regenerating collagen gel/ jelly pong pong lip frosting/ kryolan satin powder 

Like everything, you won’t always like new things that you get, and sometimes some products just don’t agree with you. After using all of the products that came in the box I was able to narrow it down to three that I really enjoyed using.


1. MONU Calming Cream – RRP £14.95 (15ml)

I LOVE testing out new skin products, especially moisturisers, so when I saw this product in the box I jumped on it immediately.
What I love most about it is the texture. It has quite a thick consistency so it is a lot more moisturising and it feels like your skin really absorbs the product. I use it before I apply my foundation in the morning and I find that it creates a good base for a more dewy foundation. There is enough moisture so your skin is not so matte, but not too much, so your skin isn’t greasy.
It is green in colour, so also because of the thick texture,  you do have to rub in it in very well when you use it, but it’s totally worth it.

2. Jelly Pong Pong Lip Frosting – RRP £10 (15ml)

I’ve never been one to use a lot of colour on my lips, but recently I’ve found a few lip products that add a nice sheer tint to my lips without making it look like I have too much makeup on…this is one of those products.
It is quite thick so I would advise using a lip balm before applying it to add a bit of moisture, but the colour payoff is really flattering on the lips.
The ultimate thing that makes this lip product so great is most definitely the scent. It smells of bubblegum and candy and just everything sweet!

3. Collin Resultime Regenerating Collagen Gel – RRP £47.25 (50ml)

I found that this product works best if you use it at night after you wash your face and let your skin absorb the product while you sleep.
It is a nice gel consistency so it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin, and it has a calming floral scent to it.
When you wake up in the morning your skin is feels so smooth and refreshed. It makes the job of moisturising and applying makeup so much easier…definitely a product that I can use over and over again.  


Did you get last month’s box? Which products were your favourites?

Hope you’re all good :) jayj x.




No comments :

Post a Comment